Dana K. Blackhurst
Dana started teaching in 1983. He has served on the faculty of the Kildonan School in Amenia, N.Y., the Jemicy School in Baltimore, M.D., and the Sandhills School in Columbia, S.C.
• South Carolina Middle School Teacher of the Year (1990-1991)
• Congressional proclamation as “Outstanding Educator” in South
• P. Buckley Moss Teacher Award for National Outstanding Educator in
Learning Disabilities (runner-up)
• Educator Award, Carolina Branch of the IDA
Dana was Head of School for the Camperdown Academy in Greenville, S.C. from 1990 to 2005. Under his leadership, the Academy grew to become a highly respected institution, with enrollment increasing from 18 to 107 students.
Before founding the Chandler School in 2011, Dana was Executive Director of the Center for Innovative Learning at the Carroll School in Lincoln, MA. where he also taught Social Studies, and Head of School for the Pine Ridge Secondary School, an international boarding school in Williston, VT.
• Bachelor of Science, Erskine College
• Certificate in Special Education, Erskine College
• Harvard University School of Education – Focus on Accountability Course